Slim in 6

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fitness Ministry - TurboJam Experience

My Tuesday night classes have been pretty strong, and the women have always expressed their thanks to me for hosting it for them. But it occurred to me that some of the ladies may want to see a different type of workout than the P90X cardio workouts, the Insanity Recovery Workouts and the Shakeology workouts. They are always good sports and get great workouts, but needed something with a little more rhythm and dance to it that would pump them up. I knew exactly where this was heading, but I had to swallow my pride and offer them a night of TurboJam. I will be honest, I suck at the TurboJam and TurboFire series, and although I can get through the movements easily, the sequencing throws me off and it really is the only time I ever feel uncoordinated. But this is my ministry, and it isn't about me. It's about helping to support these brave ladies who have taken a leap of faith to trust my judgement on what workouts they can handle, and push themselves more than they perhaps ever have before. I have been so proud of them lately that I couldn't deny them their time to dance to Chalene Johnson's music. So we did it and they loved it. I am still standing, with minimal embarrassment in the process. All in all, I think they really appreciated the fact that I was willing to do something that I wasn't comfortable doing, allowing myself to be vulnerable during a workout. They also could see that when I got a little confused, I just kept going the best I could and eventually figured out the right motion without any worry. I think them seeing that will be have a positive effect when introducing other workouts to them in the future. I am humbled yet very proud of the work my group is doing TOGETHER!

No comments:

Post a Comment