Slim in 6

Friday, October 22, 2010

It hurts so good

This week I began a new workout routine by going back to my old friend P90X. Only this time, I am doing a Hybrid routine of the muscle confusion workouts of P90X with Insanity Workouts on my cardio days. I was immediately brought back to how I felt the first time I did P90X. I felt phenomenal that night, and was even able to make it all the way through AB Ripper X (including the Mason Twists). I don't remember ever blasting through that entire routine with the bonus twists at the end, so I have to thank Shaun T's amazing program for getting me into the best shape of my life! In any case, here is the part that brought me back to my introduction to Week 1 of P90X.  THE PAIN! OMG, my chest, shoulders and whatever the muscles under my armpit are called were ON FIRE!!! After completing the Day 1 workout of Chest & Back, I was rubbing sore areas on my body 2 1/2 days...then it was time to do Shoulders and Arms. In all honesty, doing that workout actually made me feel a little better. However, the muscles under my armpits hurt like hell when I was doing the warm up to Insanity's Max Cardio Conditioning, but all my soreness was gone once my body was properly warmed up. I know all this sounds scary, and you probably are thinking, "what kind of idiot would go through pain on purpose?" Well, this kind of idiot. As Tony would say about the pain I feel, "It's in a good way, a good way...I mean that in a good way." And he's right. Because the satisfaction I feel after a workout, the sense of accomplishment I experience, it makes all the pain meaningless when I look at myself in the mirror and see how far I have come and the example I have set for my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment