Slim in 6

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Couple's Workout

My wife and I are currently going through Beachbody's P90X program.  However, I am at the very end of the program, and my wife is just beginning Phase 2.  Just by luck of the schedule, our workouts for the week line up.  It had been quite some time since we have been able to work out together for a multitude of reasons.  The first was that she hated working out with me because she couldn't keep up and would get frustrated, the other was because we have two you boys so we work out whenever our schedule permits. In any case, Leslie had been using the TurboJam program by Chalene Johnson before coming back to P90X.  I have to say that I was pretty impressed and proud of her with her growth.  No, she couldn't do every  move without modifying, but she did her best and forgot the rest.  By the end of our Chest, Shoulders & Triceps workout, followed by Ab Ripper X we were exhausted, but felt great.  It really is better to work out together, pushing as well as encouraging each other to do the very best we possibly can as we strive to get in the best shape of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment