Slim in 6

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Where's the Time

Between work, coming home to spend time with the family, preparing and eating dinner, and putting the kids to bed, it is sometimes tough to muster up the energy to start your workout.  I understand completely, and I know how tempting it is to park your butt on the couch and veg for a minute...or an hour...etc...But I also know how hard I have worked to get to this point, and how easy it is to fall back into that sloth mentality. And yes, I am perfectly happy "postponing" my workouts until another day so I can just relax. But once turns into twice, then a few times and so on.  So I lumber over to the DVD player and pop in my P90X routing for the day, stare at it for a second, and as the music begins I start perking up.  I fill my water bottle, get my towel, tighten my shoelaces and get my weights ready if they are needed for that workout.  Still not 100% into it when I start the warm-up, I follow Tony Horton's lead.  A couple of minutes in and my blood starts pumping and my body kicks in, like it has been given a jump start.  I am not kidding.  My entire attitude gets transformed and I become alert, and ready for action.  Before long, I can hardly remember being tired, make it through that workout, and upon finishing, become completely satisfied with the feeling of muscle fatigue from my workout.  I can sleep so much better from accomplishing the feeling of tired rather than succumbing to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment