Slim in 6

Friday, October 1, 2010

Insanity, Day 5 of Week 7

I am as tired as I have ever been after a workout. It feels like a hit a wall this week and I am trying to pinpoint why. I am having difficulty making it through the entire workouts without increasing my breaks toward the end, finding myself completely exhausted and gasping to fill my lungs with air. It could be for various reasons, but I don't want to make any excuses. I know I did not all of a sudden become out of shape, especially when I wasn't feeling like this last week during the same workouts. This are my explanations so far. The truth lies somewhere mixed in, most likely residing in a combination of many rather than one specific thing:
  • I am actually pushing myself harder and doing the moves better this week than last during the first half of the workout, therefore I am fatigued with much of the workout remaining. I am OK with this possibility.
  • I have not upped my calorie intake to match the amount that I am burning in phase 2 of Insanity.
  • I am dehydrated, therefore become a little bit dizzy because I cannot hydrate enough during workout.
  • The weather...it has been abnormally hot this week. At one point it reached 116*, so working out in a room without a/c really hampers my ability to work at full capacity while maintaining my focus. The last two days have been incredibly humid, just sucking the hydration right out of me.
  • After 2 1/2 weeks of phase 2, my body is simply tired.
  • I haven't been sleeping as soundly this week, so my batteries aren't fully recharged every day.
I just hope anyone reading this can see that these workouts are tough. I have done P90X multiple times, and have nearly completed Insanity, but I still have my struggles. AND IT'S OK! I just dig as deep as I can and give it my best. Sure it felt like today when I dug deep, I wanted to climb in the hole I dug and hide, but I kept going. It isn't always going to be easy, or even fun. But what it is, is WORTH IT. I am tired, I am downright exhausted, and I feel absolutely great! Tomorrow I plan to get up, dust myself off, host my fit club to a KenpoX workout and then putting myself though the last workout of week 7 for Insanity. I am so looking forward to week 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment