Slim in 6

Thursday, November 10, 2011

NISSAN and WEST COVINA NISSAN are LIARS AND CROOKS!!!

I knew it was too good to be true when I got a text message from my local Nissan Dealership that I have frequented for service on my own Nissan Sentra. But as skeptical as I was, I tried to cover all my bases and called customer service to find out about the deal before taking the time to visit the dealership and test drive a couple of cars with my wife Leslie. I asked specifically about the offer to make sure there was no bait-and-switch deal with the offer I was sent, and I asked many different ways to see if the price varied or if it was a short-term deal that then transferred into a higher rate after a certain period of time. I was assured that the deal was legitimate and I should make an appointment to test drive a rogue for Leslie and an Altima for me...so we did. The entire time we drove down to the dealership I was saying to my wife and kids (who went with us instead of playing with their friends at home) that I just don't trust what they are telling us, so don't get your hopes up when we like the cars. We arrived.

Upon walking into the dealership, we encountered 3 people; the customer service rep I spoke to on the phone, a salesman, and the sales manager. I asked the same questions about the deal before looking at the cars to make sure we didn't end up wasting our time looking at cars we weren't going to be able to afford. When I was assured by all 3, we proceeded. I have to admit that I loved both cars we tested, but when it was time to talk business, we were hit with exactly what we were trying to avoid...the ACTUAL COST!!! I was originally told on the phone and in person when we arrived that the offer was for a monthly payment on a 39 month lease for the vehicles we were interested in. Other than understandable increases in price for more options, I expected the quote I was given to hold true since it was relayed to me several times that it is a great 39 month lease offer. Well, the lease was in fact for 39 months, but the payment offer was only for the first 6 months of the lease, and then went up by 4 times the payment of the first 6 months!

We immediately got up from the table, upset that we had wasted so much of our weekend that could have been spent having fun with our boys when all they had to do was answer my question from the very start. Thankfully, both Ty and Trevor behaved great...until they realized we weren't going home in new cars and both got upset to the point that Trevor refused to get in the car to come home since he liked the Rogue so much.  And no, that didn't make us change our minds and get a car that was out of our price range. In any case, I was so upset at the whole thing that I was ready to rush right home and blast Nissan all over the place and tell everyone I know not no ever do business with them. But I cooled off and decided to let it go because I expect that everyone's reaction would be that I should have seen it coming or read the fine print. I understand that perspective...but then I got the following email (Shown Below) today and it pissed me off all over again. The subject clearly stated "2012 Nissan Altima for $55 down and $55 a month". What I want to challenge you to do is read the fine print listed at the bottom...how in the world can anyone read that? But it doesn't matter, because I called to make sure, and I asked in person. Not one person would give me the truth about the deal, and that is why I am so upset. It's about courtesy and decency. It's about the respect we should have for the time and convenience of others. It's about time that Nissan gets a taste of it's own medicine. Please join me in standing up to company's like Nissan who think they can continue to manipulate its customers with such tactics, and deliberately lie to our face just to push their agendas over our own. Shame on you West Covina Nissan, you need to make up for business practices!


2012 Altima - $55 down/$55 month

For a limited time, drive a 2012 Altima for only $55 down and $55 per month.

Take advantage of this limited offer, available only at West Covina Nissan. Call an adviser today at (866) 732-1198 for more information.

2 comments:

  1. This is a typical practice by this dealership and they dont give a crap, your just a chance to sell walking thru the door. It doesen't matter to them that they waste your time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know of a cell phone bill as cheap as $55 a month. Why would you believe a 20+ thousand dollar cars payment would be... Either way its the consumers responsibility to revise the fine print

    ReplyDelete