Slim in 6

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Insanity Month 1 is in the Books

I completed the final workout of month 1 for Insanity and I feel great, and I think my abs have finally shown up. I am looking forward to the Recovery Week workouts before starting month 2.  I do have a question though...Will this stuff ever seem easy? I feel like I am just as tired after today's workout as I was after the first actual workout. Coincidentally, it was the same workout. I think I am just pushing myself more, and taking less rests in between, and that's why it hasn't gotten any easier. I do need to continue working on my shoulders. They seem to tire out first during the Level 1 and 2 drills, especially when going back and forth between "ski abs" and "in and outs" on the floor. Another thing I am going to keep watch over are my calves down to my heels. My calves are extremely tight, and some of the jumping moves really gets them burning, but not in the same way as muscle soreness. It affects me to where my tendons that connect to my heels are in pain a lot, so I have to do a lot of roller exercises with them to break up the tissue and loosen them up. I need to find a way to relax my calves more every day. They have always been big, but they have tightened up since going through P90X with the Plyometrics and Legs & Back routine really setting them on fire. This will not stop me, because the rest of me is feeling great. I am now down to less than what I weighed when I graduated High School. A little more definition is what I am aiming for. I hope that the second month of Insanity will get me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment