Slim in 6

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Insanity: The Asylum - Day 27

Yesterday I completed Day 27 of Asylum and the workout was Back to Core. Now, although this workout is at a much slower pace than all of the other ones with the exception of Relief, it is one of the more grueling workouts in the program (well, it is for me anyways). I don't think I have ever worked my lower back so much in my life, and this workout really pointed out that I need to pay more attention to it. Over the last 27 days, whenever I saw this workout was on the schedule I just thought to myself, "Oh Great!", because I knew I was going to be in pain in a few minutes. Well, nothing has changed, it still hurts, but it hurts GOOD. I have improved tremendously in all of the movements, and can make it through most of them without stopping. The only one I seem to still have trouble with are the flutter moves during the Split Lunges. My lower back burns, my core is torqued, my supporting leg starts to buckle and the rear shoulder feels like it's on fire half-way through the move. I have to take a second or two off before jumping back into position, but that is much better than the first attempt at this workout where on many of the moves I would take a break, and the breaks would be much longer. The other move I see a lot of room for improvement on are the reverse swimmers. By the time you get to them, you are pretty far into the workout so my back was pretty fatigued. With it being harder to keep my chest up, it made it more difficult for me to slide my elbows through without giving myself a rug burn, so I tried to slow down and simply concentrate on form when that happened. I think that's the main thing, my form. I am noticing that on all the moves my form has improved significantly, thus I am working my muscles more and lasting longer, and therefore just as tired and covered in sweat as ever by the end of the workout. What a fantastic program. 3 more days of digging deeper until "graduation!"

No comments:

Post a Comment