Slim in 6

Friday, June 10, 2011

Insanity: The Asylum - Day 30

Well, I've reached the end of the road in my 30 Day experience with Asylum and I couldn't be more proud. Sure, I still have a long way to go and there are a lot of improvements to make not only in many of the exercises in this workout, but in my general health and fitness as I strive to lead the quality of life that I want to live for years to come. There is an odd sense of satisfaction mixed with a let down that it's over. I will never again experience this program for the first time, and it's bitter-sweet in a way because the first time you set out to accomplish something there is this drive that wants to see things through to the end. Future endeavors are just as satisfying, but to me they just aren't nearly as meaningful as that initial experience, when you believe you can do something but you still have questions about how it's all going to play out.

Well, in my case with Insanity: The Asylum, I am very proud of how it went.  In going back and reading my posts covering the previous 29 days of this program, I noticed that I often claimed that although I know I'm improving I just didn't feel it. That my shoulders and legs were just as weary in the late weeks as they were in the initial ones. My Fit Test result speaks for itself. I showed improvement in every category with the exception of X Jumps. But my explanation for that is my form improved and I was jumping higher during this last test, so it would take longer between jumps, and my ass hurt like hell when Shaun T yelled "TIME".  I was blown away by the improvements I made in the other stats, especially the ones involving the ladder where you have to go up and back to complete a rotation, which means 6-8 movements for every rotation which is huge. Take a look at how things went and just remember, you can do anything if you really want to!



I want to thank everyone who has supported me throughout this journey, your messages of encouragement and inspiration have been fantastic. For those of you who expressed your thanks for my posts giving you the motivation to push yourself, I am humbled, grateful, and encouraged to see that what I am doing is having a positive effect on others as they improve their own health and fitness. God Bless every one of you, and good luck in your own transformations.

Signing off of my 30 Days in the Asylum as a GRADUATE. As Shaun T would say, "Peace, Out".

No comments:

Post a Comment