Slim in 6

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Insanity: The Asylum - Day 1

OK, my first official workout of Asylum is in the books and it kicked my ass. I felt completely uncoordinated at times, having to reposition the agility ladder on several occasions. I have always known that I am not the fleetest of foot, but combine that fact with my utter exhaustion and you have disaster in the making. I did however, manage to push myself through the workout and survived through to the end. It reminded me of when I started Insanity, and how I was drained just after the warm-up, let alone having to muster up the energy to do the actual workout. But over time, my strength and endurance improved, and my breaks became shorter and less frequent. I expect to have a similar experience with The Asylum as well. No matter what failures I may see in my workouts, they will only truly be failures if I do not learn from them, and I let them discourage me and my progress. As with anything in life, if it weren't worth doing, it wouldn't be so challenging in the first place. 1 Day down...29 more to go. Check out a clip from my Day 1 Workout:

No comments:

Post a Comment