Slim in 6

Friday, May 20, 2011

Insanity: The Asylum - Day 11

GAME DAY!!!

I love game day...but I'm typically referring to Sunday when I play baseball these days. Not today. Today Game Day refers to the Day 11 workout in Asylum, but don't let the name fool you. There is no way around it, in Game Day, you don't play around. This is a grueling 60-minute workout from start to finish that left me, my shorts, and my floor completely soaked...and that was just at the half-way point. You start out by simulating a 1-mile mini marathon over hills, valleys and rocks you have to scale to get to the other side before you even get to stretch. You then go through a series of drills specific to a variety of sports, including basketball, skating, swimming, surfing, tennis, football, and baseball. It is almost non-stop action the entire time with a few seconds in between to catch your breath and take a swig of water. My workout imitated life, because I sucked at the swimming, skating and surfing exercises just as I do in the sports themselves. I guess my feet were just meant to be on the ground. I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment